Monday, January 19, 2009

What if....

I need to release some of the frustration that I have from seeing my Philadelphia Eagles loose yesterday... First off, I almost turned the T.V. off after seeing the defense not play defense (pretty ironic) in the first half... We made Kurt Warner and Larry "Catch anything" Fitzgerald look like super stars... Which they are... Don't get me wrong... I felt like their offensive coordinator new exactly when our "D" was gonna blitz... I give props to him for making our "D" look FOOLISH... 24-6 halftime...

Watching the second half... I felt good because I started to see the "REAL" Philadelphia Eagles team come out... The "D" started to pressure Warner and he started to falter... Mcnabb started to pick their secondary apart... He hit Jason Avant, Kevin Curtis(He's from Utah state who went to Bingham High School here in Utah), Brent Celek, and also Desean Jackson... I was hootin and hollerin like there was no tomorrow... Until, the Cards put their foot down in the Fourth Quarter... Again there was great play calls that made me believe that this Cardinal team really wants it... There was 4 mins left in the game and it was 3rd and goal... It seemed like it was in slow motion but then all the sudden Tim Hightower (who???) was in the end zone... They called a perfect call... Our "D" blitzed the heck out of Warner on the weak side and we even put him on his can but that didn't stop him from side arming the ball to Hightower(who???) on a screen pass that had 10 fat men to block for him... Hightower was in... Score 25 - 30... Wait...Wait...Wait... They kept there offense on the field and was lining up to go for 2 points... Why not??? Everything else has worked for them... They played 4 wide outs and it was a simple slant route that Akeem Jordan (our outside linebacker) and Quinten Demps(our rookie DB/FS) couldn't decide who to cover... So yeah it ended up being a successful 2 point conversion...

Watching the Last 2 mins and a half... 32-25... I didn't know what to think or hope for... I just wanted the Eagles to score a darn touchdown... I was confident in Mcnabb's arm so I was still comforted... Mcnabb did a great job converting on 3rd downs and then it came to a 3rd and 10... Hank basket ran a in route about ten yards deep and he was wide open... I was thinkin money...money...money... Hit "x"... Hit "x"... Then I came to reality that I wasn't playing madden... Mcnabb throws a terrible ball that was way behind the reciever... 4th and 10... I'm seriously praying to get a first down... (ok maybe not)... The most debatable/controversial call of the game... Kevin Curtis does a 12 yard hitch route and the defender (Rod Hood "former eagles corner") was hanging onto him and there was no penalty called... They even replayed that play and Troy Aikman was like, "I can't believe the Ref's didn't call PI...He (Rod Hood) is all over curtis even humping his leg..." Ok I added the humping part but still that call should have been made in a situation like this... The superbowl on the line and it's taken away by an idiot REF...


Ok...Ok...Ok... I'm not here to point fingers at anyone... That's why I labeled this section as What if... What if our "D" showed up in the first half... What if Larry Fitzgerald broke his leg before all the catches...(ok thats a little absurd... Just thinking here) What if our Offense scored more than 6 pts in the first half... What if David Akers didn't miss that one field goal and a PAT... The Cards would have been leading by only 3 in the last couple of mins... That takes a ton of pressure off of Mcnabb... Last but not least... What if those blind refs would've called PI on that last play where Rod Hood was humping Kevin Curtis's Leg... Here is the proof... It is the last 25 secs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fDdkCl8cE0 Click on the link and you'll know what I'm talkin about...


I'm off my soapbox now... I can say what if's to a lot things that happen yesterday in the NFC Championship but the Cardinals were the better team from the beginning to the end... Congratulations to the Cardinals... More like Congrats to that "FREAK" Fitzgerald who catches anything...
GO PITTSBURG!!! :)

3 comments:

Simi B. Cazeau said...

Wow, dude that was a long ace post!! I hope you feel better!

Cherise and Lisiate said...

I am glad you got that off your chest!

Anonymous said...

The Steelers are awesome and are the better team but can get caught flat footed at times by teams that are better prepared than they are. The gameplanning for the Cards has been almost perfect in the playoffs so far, they're going to have some tricks up their sleeves to counteract that Pittsburgh pass rush. Cardinals win 33-24.